· Customer focused, able to build relationships
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly, share technical information and communicate concisely at all levels, both verbally and in writing
· Good interpersonal skills
· A high degree of self-motivation, commitment and the ability to work unsupervised
· Ability to tackle problems creatively and achieve desired outcome in an efficient and cost effective manner
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of wider team with record of effectively contributing to delivery of team success
· Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize several activities, be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Strong customer focus, with proven track record in delivering solutions
Duties & responsibilities
· Review, advise, and process system design requests from the field in accordance with customer requirements
· Review and process requests for new product development, providing technical expertise and advice
· Design custom hydraulic integrated circuits meeting customer requirements
· Assist customer in hands-on trouble shooting when required to identify and resolve issues
· Integrate electro-hydraulic control systems with OEM specific electronic architecture
· Project management of customer projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget, including managing budget and required resource within the business and externally
· Create market surveys for special markets, applications or products, providing feedback and recommendations based on gathered data
· Develop strategies to access or penetrate dedicated markets, to support sales and application team or distribution network
· Initiate, support and monitor product or system developments, required as result of market evaluations
· Train internal and external sales people / distributors in using / bringing new solutions to market and support sales at customers to initiate new projects (hydraulic and software), if required
· Develop and maintain productive and effective relationships with OEM personnel
· Provide support at exhibitions where required
· Involvement into association's work (VDMA) to support business interests
· Involvement in university cooperations / projects
· Identify new market trends and needs and represent HydraForce interests in new standard developments / reviews
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience
· Educated to degree level in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
· Demonstrable experience in a similar role
· Proven experience in application of hydraulic & electronic systems in the mobile equipment market
· Good technical ability in hydraulic valves and systems
· Good working knowledge of electronics and field bus systems essential with the ability to develop further in this area
· Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages and experienced in use of MRP systems.
Provide Application engineering support to customers in the assigned sales region(s).
Responsible for identifying and defining the specifications of products to make sure that they are fit for purpose taking in to account the engineering concept through performance and ensuring that they meet the customer requirements.
Further to provide comprehensive technical advice and expertise to both HydraForce Customers and HydraForce Internal Departments, liaising with field based Sales personnel and internal departments to ensure the effective provision of information and advice to meet customer needs.
About the Company
With a unique blend of customized design solutions and superior product performance, we're leading the way in manufacturing the highest quality hydraulic cartridge valves, manifolds and electro-hydraulic controls.