HydraForce Hydraulics Limited are recruiting as a direct employer and are not an agency.
Are you an experienced Cost Accountant and want to work with our Sales and Purchasing departments to ensure integrity in standard and current costs and review profitability of both new and existing business?
As a Cost Accountant can you provide sales personnel with cost estimates which facilitate informed decision-making with the relevant departments to achieve sound and effective commercial costs?
Cost Accountant - Key responsibilities
- Assist the Finance Function where necessary in maintaining integrity in costs held within the ERP system
- Provide Sales Team with costs/GM% for quotes to new business to customers using SalesForce and ERP system
- Review GM% post shipping of new business to check whether GM% has changed, establish reasons why and suggest corrective action to improve
- Monitor Customer order quantities against original forecast/commitment and bring any material differences to the attention of Sales and Purchasing for discussion with the customer; following up in a timely manner to establish the outcome of the discussions
- Provide support to the sales team when calculating annual price increases factoring in exchange rates and discount rates
- Work with Purchasing and Sales to ensure relevant information is collated and reviewed to enable the business to make commercially sound commitments on Purchase Orders
- Review assembly and test times on Fourth Shift to establish and agree new and existing products with manufacturing
- Review change of Price Authorisation Forms raised by Purchasing Department for current and standard costs
- Assist the Financial Controller on the preparation of CAR forms where necessary to ensure documentation is comprehensively reviewed and completed
- Monitor low or negative GM% lines by customer order/shipment and make recommendations for improvement actions
- Conduct monthly margin reviews, identifying trends and communicating via regular monthly Margin Improvement meetings
- Work closely with the manufacturing department to produce and analyse labour efficiency, offering support and ideas for improvements
- Key member of the accounts project team currently implementing a new ERP system called IFS
The Ideal Candidate
Cost Accountant - Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level in business associated discipline or QBE in a similar role and company
- CIMA preferred, but not essential
- Experienced in working in a high volume, high pressured manufacturing environment, preferably with an engineering background
- Used to working across a variety of departments and interacting with sales, purchasing and technical personnel with the ability to positively challenge decisions and argue with confidence
- Experienced in the use of MRP systems, training will be provided
- Significant experience in a similar role within a manufacturing business
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment with overseas customers and suppliers
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set for the role of Cost Accountant then please don’t hesitate to apply for the role. Unfortunately on this occasion we are not able to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the UK.
Cost Accountant - Package
- Market Competitive Salary
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Group Life Assurance 4 x annual salary
- BHSF - Healthcare Cashback Plan
- General insurance discounts with our business partners
About the Company
HydraForce was founded in 1985, just north of Chicago by several partners who had the foresight to identify the mobile equipment industry's need for high quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds. Today, we've grown to several manufacturing locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, featuring a worldwide network of 120 stocking distributors who can provide our customers with all the local support they need.
HydraForce Hydraulics Ltd are located in Aston; Birmingham, in the newly established Advanced Manufacturing Hub. We have free onsite parking and are located just minutes off of Junc 6 of the M6 with easy commuting access to the M5, M42 and A38, additionally we are a 5 minute walk from the train station direct to Birmingham New Street - Join us and make a difference.