Customer Service Representative
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representative provides the most responsive customer support to the organization's customers (both internal and external) in person or over the phone; by addressing and resolving customer inquiries and problems, processing orders, following up on deliveries in accordance with company mission statement, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as the company may deem necessary in order to service our customers.
- Answer incoming customer telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Responds to and investigates customer inquiries, orders, concerns, and issues via phone, fax, mail and e-mail in a timely and courteous manner
- Follow up and maintain good communication with customers at all times
- Receives, records, and routes customer orders/changes in appropriate manner
- Researches and resolves customer complaints and/or billing issues
- Documents all contacts, actions and responses in the appropriate database (Clientele)
- Organizes and maintains file system; file correspondence and other records.
- Maintains working knowledge of products and/or services.
- Prepares reports and correspondence accurately and efficiently
- Provides appropriate technical and/or product related information to customers
- Follow up with production to ensure orders are being processed and shipped on a timely manner
- Handle customer grievances as and when they arise in a professional manner and refer grievances to the manager when necessary
- Provide support to the outside sales representatives as needed
- Provide RGA’s to customers for product returns according to departmental procedure
- Complete special projects as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong Organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Acute attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to perform diversified clerical functions and basic accounting procedures
- Ability to log data efficiently and accurately
- Must be able to build working relationships with customers and co-workers
- Understand and respond to a diversity of individuals
Qualifications and Experience
- Three to five years business to business customer service experience
- Manufacturing experience or customer service in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must have a proven track record of successful customer service experience in managing all levels of orders, issues, and complaints from clients
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO) and 11 Paid Holidays and more!
Our employees are encouraged to further their educations with our Tuition Assistance Programs, Apprenticeships and our on-site English As a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes.
We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses and basic computer skills classes
About the Company
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
- Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
- Construction and Road-Building Equipment
- Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
- Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
- Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
- Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
- Injection Molding and Press Machinery
- Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications