Electronics Applications Engineer
The Electronic Application Engineer is a member of the Application Engineering team, whose responsibilities include customer application development and programming, as well as support for the HydraForce electronic program. The Electronic Applications Engineer will be responsible for coordinating and communicating activities with management, Sales and other functional departments. The position will involve direct customer and distributor support and travel.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons
- Meet with customer to determine needs, review criteria for product application
- Based on information gathered in customer meetings and test results, recommend specific electronics products for the customer’s application(s)
- Work with management and Sales personnel to qualify and develop sales opportunities
- Develop a Statement of Work for Programming a complete machine
- Program a complete machine including motion control algorithms
- Manage the communication flow with customers, Sales Managers and Engineers to resolve design issues
- Provide advice, guidance, and training to support Sales, Applications, and Distribution Sales Team efforts
- Assist customers with hands-on troubleshooting
- Collaborate with Sales, Application Engineering, Research and Development on product development and design
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience in lieu.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an Electronics Engineering position. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines and hardware such as, electrical systems, ECUs, sensors, displays, input devices
- Data acquisition and analysis skills
- Strong reporting skills
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Code Experience working within the construction, agriculture, or industrial equipment industries
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do the following:
- Lift and move a minimum of 25 pounds without assistance
- Work on and around mobile equipment
This job operates in a professional office environment, lab, and in the field. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud
Travel may be required up to 25%. Must have a valid passport and able to travel domestically and internationally and have the flexibility to travel sometimes with minimal notice.
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!. We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses .Our employees are encouraged to further their education with our Tuition Assistance Programs,
Salary offered will depend on the candidate's job-related skills, experience, and knowledge
About the Company
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to power forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
- Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
- Construction and Road-Building Equipment
- Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
- Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
- Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
- Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
- Injection Molding and Press Machinery
- Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications