Engineering Lab Manager
The Engineering Lab Manager will be responsible for managing the duties of the Lab group.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Develops and evaluates staffing plan; hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and/or develops staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems, and ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods.
- Drive continuous efficiency and effectiveness in day-to-day activities
- Use documentation and analysis software; PDMLink, PECN, ECN, ANSYS, HYSAN
- Support the organization with sharing and implementing best practices across all locations Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Supervises Lab Engineers, Lab Supervisor and Lab Techs
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field or relevant experience in lieu thereof
- 15+ years’ work experience.
- A BSME and CAD proficiency with CREO
- Firm understanding of drafting practices; working knowledge of geometric tolerance practices: Knowledge of hydraulic principles required
- Basic understanding of valve types and functions; valve symbols and valve port logic. Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
- Ability to interact with individuals and departments throughout the organization
- Accurate and detail oriented, with the ability to follow through on tasks and objectives Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projectsStrong critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels throughout the organization Strong organizational skills
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!. We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses .Our employees are encouraged to further their education with our Tuition Assistance Programs,
Salary offered will depend on the candidate's job-related skills, experience, and knowledge
About the Company
HydraForce, a Bosch Rexroth company under the compact Hydralics offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries.