Engineering Project Coordinator
Under the guidance of the Engineering Services Manager, the Engineering Project Coordinator will support internal departments to interpret requests for business activities, and then translate those requests into the material requirements planning (MRP) system. This includes reviewing part status and part shortages within the MRP system in order to properly plan, communicate, and schedule requests for materials
Primary: This is an onsite role with some flexibility depending on the requirement.
- Interface with the MRP system (Material Requirements Planning) in order to interpret requests from design and manufacturing engineering to add, modify, or remove parts and materials. This does not require any engineering knowledge. Training would be provided.
- Take requests from engineers to obtain stock-parts, and ensure those parts are available for use before finally placing internal orders to drive part demand through our system
- Interpret whether or not parts are needed to be purchased externally or can be picked internally; if external, communicate this information to purchasing so that they can buy parts
- Using our engineering change notice system, review engineering drawings for consistency with revisions and internal standards, and then make necessary changes in MRP system to reflect the changes on the engineering drawings (this is NOT technical interpretation, only looking at instructions and making changes to bills of materials or part descriptions).
- Comfortable with email communication, as well as learning new material management software (we use 3 primary software they will interface with: “Fourth Shift”, “PDMLink”, and “Salesforce”). You do not need to know these systems now, but just be comfortable and open to learning.
- Receive various miscellaneous requests from different departments for internal MRP-related tasks, such as:
- Set up new part numbers in our system at the request of the sales team
- Modify bill of materials from the production floor when requested by production personnel
- Check status of parts for various departments when requested (example: “when will these parts arrive according to our system?”)
The Ideal Candidate
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience interacting with Material Requirements Planning systems
- Experience with ERP
- Demonstrated proficiency with some or all the various computer software programs such as MS Word, Excel
- Possess problem-solving skills
- Must be able to follow guidelines and instructions
- Must be able to complete projects in a timely manner and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under time constraints
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and within group settings
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!. We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses and basic computer skills classes .Our employees are encouraged to further their educations with our Tuition Assistance Programs,
Salary offered will depend on the candidate's job-related skills, experience, and knowledge
About the Company
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
- Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
- Construction and Road-Building Equipment
- Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
- Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
- Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
- Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
- Injection Molding and Press Machinery
- Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications