Global Category Leader
Duties & responsibilities
- Lead on the development of the strategy and implementation plan for all global categories, ensuring:
- Maximum value is being driven from the global category with regards to supplier spend, volume leverage, quality, forecasting efficiency, risk mitigation and innovation.
- Ways to unlock the full value potential within the procured spend base are identified, implemented and, as applicable learnings are shared across other business.
- A systematic approach to managing spend for the global categories is adopted – leveraging areas of common spend.
- Align with senior leaders and business partners to develop short-term and long-term category objectives and pipeline opportunities, while offering solutions and optimal solutions to achieve business goals.
- Own the delivery of a portfolio of strategic sourcing events within allocated global category area, working with stakeholder to plan and prioritise workload and challenge demand, identifying best sourcing strategies and delivering events from market engagement through to award. Leverage resources from the source of site buyers.
- Undertake research and analysis to profile the characteristics of allocated global categories- including external analysis of supply markets and supplier trends to inform the global supply chain budget planning process, ensuring opportunities to drive value are leveraged and that risks are identified and mitigated.
- Monitor the supplier market and identify opportunities, resulting from new product offerings and/or industry trends.
- Drive and influence innovation and continuous improvement.
- Leverage market intelligence to validate and benchmark costs and competitive pricing.
- Prioritise and conduct spend and savings analysis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in business or engineering or qualified by experience
- Proven experience of being the lead on creating, developing and implementing category strategies essential
- Experience of manging remote teams
- Knowledge of high tolerance machined products
- in the following categories, precision machined parts,
- Five years manufacturing or engineering experience
- In depth knowledge of markets in which the business operates
- Experience of working within a global, fast-moving business
- Previous experience of understanding, identifying and executing multiple opportunities across a range of categories to deliver value.
- Experience of broad, supply chain management in complex, global enterprise environments.
- Track record of driving value beyond straightforward procurement savings in areas of value engineering, usage of lean techniques to identify and eliminate waste and identify income opportunities in the extended value chain.
- Good understanding of broader business objectives and the implications of strategic planning and actions within the category on the site/global businesses.
- Relationship management experience, driving commercial value and performance through major contracts.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to communicate dynamically at all levels within HydraForce and externally to senior leaders within supplier organizations.
- Has the ability to teach Category Management & Strategic Sourcing to an expert level within their teams.
- Proven influencing & negotiation skills to drive optimum value through the award of commercially sound contracts.
- Skilled at developing and working through multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to cultivate, understand and anticipate the needs of the customer and to provide effective solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
- Self motivated with a flexible, proactive approach
- PC literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, preferably with advanced Excel skills
To create a clear and compelling strategy for the global category team and deliver against it, ensuring maximum value and innovation are realised through HydraForce’s global supply chain. Responsible for continuously driving improved category strategies by working collaboratively with the site procurement personnel, global supplier development and wider business entities to leverage business and market insight.
About the Company
HydraForce Hydraulics Ltd. is the European headquarters for HydraForce, specializing in engineering and manufacturing of hydraulic manifolds and selected cartridge valves.