Global Category Procurement Leader
To contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance. To create a clear and compelling strategy for the global category team and deliver against it, ensuring maximum value and innovation are realised through HydraForce’s global supply chain. Responsible for continuously driving improved strategies by working collaboratively with the site supply chain personnel, global supplier development and wider business entities to leverage business and market insight.
- Ensuring that purchasing policies and processes are in place and kept current to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality, and delivery targets which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Utilise appropriate resources including Supplier Development to ensure effective supplier partnerships and delivery of sourced products.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy.
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Purchasing activities.
- Design and manage procurement project plans for individual projects including developing tender documents and evaluation process and identifying risks and issues for specific contracts to ensure delivery, budget requirements, and maximize HydraForce’s ROI.
- Lead on developing, implementing, and subsequently reviewing procurement strategies for the whole procurement cycle, ensuring this approach is agreed and communicated with relevant stakeholders.
- Determine and continually monitor current supply market positions in specific category spend area to identify both over and under capacity. Implement both supplier rationalisation programmes and strategies to develop new sources of supply as appropriate to optimise competition.
- Research best practice and benchmark the costs of services against top quartile performance. Analyse and interpret data to enable the development and implementation of identified sourcing strategies.
- Manage stability across a range of different and often conflicting priorities in relation to areas like balancing aggregation of spend, promoting local economic growth, mitigating commercial and legislative risk, and delivering financial savings.
- Lead on the development of the strategy and implementation plan for all global categories, ensuring:
- Maximum value is being driven from the global category with regards to supplier spend, volume leverage, quality, forecasting efficiency, risk mitigation and innovation.
- Ways to unlock the full value potential within the procured spend base are identified, implemented and, as applicable learnings are shared across other business.
- A systematic approach to managing spends for the global categories is adopted – leveraging areas of common spend.
- Undertake research and analysis to profile the characteristics of allocated global categories- including external analysis of supply markets and supplier trends to inform the global supply chain budget planning process, ensuring opportunities to drive value are leveraged and that risks are identified and mitigated.
- Drive and influence innovation and champion continuous improvement.
- Understand the future requirements of the business and while forward planning to deliver maximum supplier spend efficiencies through volume leverage, forecast buying, supplier innovation, exploitation of non-traditional markets and optioneering
- Influence and motivate team, developing talent and a performance management culture that drives value through employee engagement which successfully meets or exceeds all strategic objectives for the area.
- Provide support to business wide change activities, role modelling new ways of working and leading the delivery of elements of the program to ensure capability is improved and value added to the business
- Lead the global sourcing process including eSourcing/RFX, negotiations, and contract execution with selected suppliers.
- Manage supplier relationships and execute supplier performance management techniques in accordance with standards and guidelines and in collaboration with business partners. Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy
- Monitor supplier performance in accordance with contract/non-contract SLA’s, KPI’s and metrics to maximize compliance and mitigate issues.
- Review Supplier scorecards and initiate supplier communication on declining and improving performance
- Accurately forecast Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for proposed solutions.
- Manage performance by adhering to cost reduction and savings goals and developing financial models for category spend
- Ensure all contract/non-contract obligations and risks are properly documented and mitigated
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to communicate dynamically at all levels within HydraForce and externally to senior leaders within supplier organizations.
- Has the ability to teach Category Management & Strategic Sourcing to an expert level within their teams.
- Proven influencing & negotiation skills to drive optimum value through the award of commercially sound contracts.
- Skilled at developing and working through multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to cultivate, understand and anticipate the needs of the customer and to provide effective solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
- Negotiation skills or with ability to achieve the optimal commercial solutions whilst maintaining credibility and a long-term supplier relationship. Understanding of legal requirements and risk management within procurement.
- Self-motivated with a flexible, proactive approach
- Ability to interpret a range of differing priorities and influence the outcome across a range of senior stakeholders. Explain complex problems and issues in a concise and understandable way to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience with ERP and/or data analytics tools advantageous
- PC literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, preferably with advanced Excel skills
- Able to plan activities in a logical manor ensuring key deliverables and timelines are identified and appropriate budges are in place.
- Excellent analytical skills. Including ability to identify key data and other influencing factors such as customer preferences and market developments and incorporate this into decision making process
About the Company
HydraForce partners with your engineers to create customized hydraulic control solutions that enhance the performance, value and durability of your mobile equipment.