Qualifications & experience
· Educated to ‘A’ level (or equivalent) or CIPD
· Proven administrative skills, with a track record of successfully managing a diverse workload
· Previous HR and payroll experience essential
· Used to prioritising own workload and meeting deadlines
· Innovative and able to identify continuous improvement strategies to enhance departmental performance
· Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages and ADP systems
Duties & responsibilities
· Provide customer focused and comprehensive HR advice and support to managers and employees in line within organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements
· Support Line Managers with departmental recruitment needs from outset to appointment
· Provide appropriate HR advice on key issues such as Disciplinaries, Grievances and Employee health issues whilst ensuring legislation, policy and best practice are followed
· Support Managers and Team Leaders in Disciplinary, Grievance and Capability matters, including conducting investigations, attending hearings, and taking appropriate notes to achieve the optimum outcome
· Act as the primary contact for the Occupational Health provision to ensure the company meets its health and safety obligations by managing referrals, and liaising with all parties involved to reduce absence.
· Support Managers and Team Leaders with Attendance Management meetings, liaising with the HR Administrator to ensure the process is managed effectively
· Manage and oversee maternity and paternity processes and other family friendly leave requests, and where necessary, providing advice and guidance in line with current legislation and policy.
· Support Managers with flexible working requests in line with current legislation and policy, providing advice and support during meetings.
· Overseeing the processing of the UK payroll, including working with the managed service provider to ensure the required service levels are being maintained.
· Primary responsibility for the processing of the European payroll to agreed deadlines and standards; including working with managed service provider and promptly dealing with any queries which may arise, ensuring resolution of all such queries
· Contributing to the continuous improvement HR processes, keeping them under regular review to ensure they meet changing business needs and become an expert source for HR systems and processes
· Develop and update HR policies and procedures to ensure they remain in line with current legislation
· Manage the administration of company benefits ensuring accuracy of data, liaise with benefit providers, monitor performance and identify improvements to benefit the company and employees
· Produce management information on a weekly/monthly basis to support the business, analyze trends and make recommendations
· Conduct exit interviews ensuring relevant information is communicated and fed back to Managers if appropriate.
· Support Health and Safety initiatives, as required.
· Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice to ensure continuous development and improvement
· Contributing to ad hoc projects as and when business needs dictate
The Ideal Candidate
· Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Ability to exercise good judgement and tact in difficult situations
· Maintain confidentiality in all matters
· Proactive and able to use initiative and work under minimum supervision
· Excellent interpersonal skills, able to develop strong, professional relationships with colleagues and customers
· Self-motivated and a quick learner, capable of multi-tasking and comfortable when working under pressure in a limited time span
To actively support the operation of the business by providing a comprehensive, effective and professional HR service to all employees through best practice and ensuring compliance with all company processes and policies and employment legislation.
About the Company
Welcome to HydraForce