Health and Safety Engineer/ Specialist
The SHE Specialist will be responsible for the implementation, administration, interpretation, and enforcement of environmental requirements including plant, Corporate, local, state, and federal regulations. Establish environmental standards based on risk/hazard analysis to meet regulatory requirements and HSE management systems (ISO 14001 and ISO 45001). Review of environmental incidents for root cause and establishment of corrective and preventative actions. Provide technical assistance with various plant staff functions.
- Interact with state and federal agencies and consultants to ensure compliance with EPA and NC DEQ requirements
- Lead environmental compliance and reporting needs for the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Toxic Release Inventory Program, Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act, etc.
- Improve and develop cost savings projects in waste management system design
- Lead environmental audits of key program areas to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Bosch Norms
- Coordinate environmental related communication including training, alerts, and production review meetings
- Work with department engineers to ensure chemicals in use have HSE approval, assisting with the completion of chemical approvals to ensure products comply with TSCA and internal Bosch requirements
- Develop/revise environmental related policies/procedures for the plant and drive implementation
- Lead/take part in Incident Investigation facilitating root cause analysis and proper corrective and preventative actions
- Participate in plant emergency response teams
- Assist with safety related functions as needed
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of environmental or engineering experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- 2+ years of MS Office experience to include Excel and Work
- Valid driver's license
- B.S. in Chemical, Environmental, Engineering
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, Professional Engineer, or other related certifications
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001 and ISO 45001)
About the Company
HydraForce, a Bosch Rexroth company under the compact Hydralics offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries. You’ll find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of applications: From excavators and tractors to CNC woodworking and metal-cutting machines. You’ll find us in automotive factories, packaging systems for the food industry, medical devices and laboratories.
Compact Hydraulics, a business unit of Bosch Rexroth, has five product lines and over 1,300 employees spread across factories and configuration centers globally. We have been designing, manufacturing, and marketing Compact Hydraulic solutions for a multitude of applications for over 40 years. Example applications include aerial work platforms, cranes, material handling machinery, earth-moving machinery, agricultural equipment, and industrial applications.