IT Senior Systems Administrator
Provides senior experience to the department to address complex issues and guidance to other IT team to ensure all IT infrastructure components and devices deliver applications and information to end-users and other applications and external systems as required by the business to delight the internal and external customer. Will lead or execute small infrastructure projects and resolve the most complex problems to improve the IT processes and technologies that support the global technologies and applications.
- Administering and managing the underlying IT infrastructure components from end-to-end, including cloud provider services, on-premises servers & data storage, data/disaster recovery systems, cybersecurity, telephone and end-point devices (i.e., server, storage, PC and related components, printers, faxes, mobile devices, etc.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains data backup / recovery plans and operations for servers and storage technologies including but not necessarily limited to software, middleware, hardware, and cloud technologies. Implements and tests the recovery of backup data or complete system and applications.
- Works with personal productivity software, operating system, network software, and utility software companies to plan, schedule and implement programming adjustments to the server systems and utility software. Notifies appropriate personnel of schedule and intended adjustments
- Responds to a server, storage, PC and related components and peripheral equipment installation, software configuration, network assignments, and other related components as needed
- Works effectively with service providers
- Contributes to the cost and budget development and management as directed; looks for and implements as directed cost improvement. Develops accurate task time and budget estimates
- Accurately develops and maintains all system network configurations diagrams
- Designs, configures, installs, maintains and updates all computer, storage, and peripherals on the WLAN and LAN networks; identifies, evaluates, and corrects hardware, software, or operational problems of advanced complexity
- Instructs users and trains IT staff in equipment, application and operating system functions
- Coordinates server, storage, PC and related components repair and maintenance with IT suppliers
- Ensure users and the company are in strict compliance with software copyright and licensing laws and agreements, Maintain the software library and database to ensure all information is current and accurate
- Maintain components IT infrastructure inventory clearly and in a timely and well-organized manner to ensure all servers, storages, and IT assets are accounted for at all times. Monitor and record all associated repair activity
- Control versions of all components including software. Coordinate the installation of version upgrades from software vendors
- Perform or oversee as appropriate any vendor component installation.
- Maintains accurate documentation of software packages and computer literature; Maintain accurate companywide inventory of server, storage, PC and related components and servers
- Provides and enforces appropriate controls and security
- Works during non-standard business hours as needed and assigned to ensure high availability of critical IT infrastructure components
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
- College degree in Information Technology, computer science, or equivalent technical training
- Maintains state-of-the-market knowledge of changing information technologies relevant to the company. Such knowledge includes: (1) the latest hardware and software products available, their features, and best suits areas of infrastructure related components applications; (2) methods for effective training, and (3) current techniques and software tools for IT processes.
- Possesses Microsoft certifications
- Cisco Certified
- Experience managing, configuring and administrating Windows Server and VMWare solutions, Windows domain controller, active directory, DHCP and DNC technologies
- Experience managing, configuring and administrating LAN and WLAN controller, switches and router technologies, antivirus solutions system administration and management
- Experience managing, configuring and administrating firewall and virtual private network systems
- Leads, works and collaborates well with people in project and general tasks developing new designs and analyzing problems or developing solutions
- Advanced, thorough, and specialized knowledge of data management, backup and recovery techniques and technologies
- 6-10 yrs of experience
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision
- Must be able to accurately read, interpret, and relay technical information procedures and policies
- Ability to deal with confidential information reliably and securely
- Attentive to details and drives for appropriate precision in analysis and execution
- Effective and precise written and verbal communication skills regarding technical matters
- Takes ownership of projects, problems and seeks the best solution
- Process and methods oriented
- Foresees potential problems and works to prevent or mitigate them
- Tenacious, resourceful, and flexible
This position is onsite. The flexibility would be in terms of hours of operation sometimes.
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!
About the Company
Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
- Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
- Construction and Road-Building Equipment
- Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
- Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
- Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
- Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
- Injection Molding and Press Machinery
- Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications