The successful candidate will provide first line supervision to maintenance staff by effectively managing the shift workload and staff resource to provide an efficient and smooth service to internal customers and ensuring daily targets are met and quality targets are reached and maintained.
- Co-ordinate shift resource on a daily basis to ensure the provision of maintenance within the manufacturing departments
- Effectively use maintenance connection to set and communicate departmental tasks ensuring that targets are met and customer expectations are managed accordingly ensuring maintenance connection is kept up to date
- Monitor usage & Manage stock levels of critical spares, tooling, and Items for repair.
- Organize project work ensuring team are work effectively to complete tasks from start to finish
- In conjunction with Engineers/Technicians, ensure maintenance on plant machinery and equipment is carried out to agreed standards and within deadlines
- Provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem solving situations and technical support on projects as required
- Facilitate and coordinate quality requirements, ensuring HydraForce standards are met
- Train staff when required, to company standards in working practices and processes, liaising with Maintenance Manager to agree training and development requirements across the team
- Liaise with Apprentice Mentors to ensure that adequate support is provided to the Apprentices throughout their training programme, highlighting issues where appropriate to ensure they are resolved promptly
- Support team members in identification of improvement activities (Kaizen), problem solving, 5’s, Workshop improvements and Maintenance procedures.
- Carry out first line performance management of team, including coaching staff to improve performance, manage shift holiday and other absences to ensure adequate levels of resource are achieved at all times liaising with Team Leader to provide cover
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be educated to HNC or qualified by experience within a mechanical or electrical discipline. He/she will also have:
- Successfully completed an Advanced Apprenticeship
- Proven experience of supervising / leading teams
- Be experienced in problem solving using recognised improvement systems, e.g. 5s, Kaizen.
- Be computer literate, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Basic salary plus shift premium
Double day shift
Weekend overtime rota (1 Saturday & 1 Sunday) per month
About the Company
The HydraForce story began in 1985 when the company was founded near Chicago by several partners who saw the mobile equipment industry’s need for quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds delivered in a timely and responsive manner. They also saw the potential for engineering innovation and design flexibility offered by cost effective and space-saving cartridge valves and hydraulic integrated circuits.
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design for flow rates of 0.4 to 530 lpm (0.1 to 140 gpm). HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. We also offer a robust line of controllers that are rugged, reliable, and optimized for electro-hydraulic system integration.
Our European HQ in Aston, Birmingham services our customers across the UK, Europe and India