This role is integral to our business. Our Technicians provide support to engineers in the provision of engineering support across the business and support with process improvements and designs where required.
- Provision of ongoing maintenance within the Plant Engineering department, identifying issues, analysing malfunctioning equipment and systems, recommending corrective action and on approval make repairs or modifications under the direction of the Plant Engineers/Manager, monitoring solutions to ensure their effectiveness
- Support the Plant Engineering Manager in the implementation and enforcement of procedures to ensure that deadlines are met in accordance with agreed practices
- Work with the Plant Engineering Manager/Engineers in the development of colleagues to agreed company standards in working practices and processes
- Carrying out periodic preventive maintenance on plant machinery and equipment
- Regularly check quality of instrumentation to meet production, safety and legal requirements
- To assist with project work as required
- Support team building and promote good working relations through example and good practice
- Support colleagues in the identification of improvement activities and problem solving and participate in appropriate activities on an ad hoc basis
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers or Managers to ensure departmental needs are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem solving situations and technical support on projects as required
- Support Apprentices with advice and guidance where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship, HNC or higher qualification in Mechanical/Electrical or related discipline or will be qualified by experience. In addition s/he will possess the following:
- IET BS7671 17th edition
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and/or pneumatics preferred
- Experience of a General Machining Workshop including Turning, Milling and fitting of manual tools would be advantageous.
- A high degree of common sense, superb attention to detail and good concentration skills
- A strong determination to get things right first time and excellent manual dexterity
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Familiar with ISO 9000, knowledge of ISO 14000 would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas, share technical information and communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated and a quick learner and capable of multi-tasking and comfortable when working under pressure in a limited time span
Demonstrate the HydraForce Values
- INTEGRITY: Treats people with courtesy, dignity, respect & fairness.
- INNOVATION: Identifies and implements effective processes & procedures for accomplishing work.
- AGILITY: Able to react quickly & appropriately when necessary.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Can be relied on consistently.
- RESPECT: Demonstrates a high level of professional etiquette.
About the Company
The HydraForce story began in 1985 when the company was founded near Chicago by several partners who saw the mobile equipment industry’s need for quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds delivered in a timely and responsive manner. They also saw the potential for engineering innovation and design flexibility offered by cost effective and space-saving cartridge valves and hydraulic integrated circuits.
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design for flow rates of 0.4 to 530 lpm (0.1 to 140 gpm). HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. We also offer a robust line of controllers that are rugged, reliable, and optimized for electro-hydraulic system integration.
Our European HQ in Aston, Birmingham services our customers across the UK, Europe and India.
HydraForce is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs contribute to the success of our business.