The successful candidate will assist Engineers in the provision of engineering support across the business and support with process improvements and designs where required.
- Provision of ongoing maintenance within the Plant Engineering department, identifying issues, analysing malfunctioning equipment and systems, recommending corrective action and on approval make repairs or modifications under the direction of the Plant Engineers/Manager, monitoring solutions to ensure their effectiveness
- Support the Plant Engineering Manager in the implementation and enforcement of procedures to ensure that deadlines are met in accordance with agreed practices
- Work with the Plant Engineering Manager/Engineers in the development of colleagues to agreed company standards in working practices and processes
- Carrying out periodic preventive maintenance on plant machinery and equipment
- Regularly check quality of instrumentation to meet production, safety and legal requirements
- To assist with project work as required
- Support team building and promote good working relations through example and good practice
- Support colleagues in the identification of improvement activities and problem solving and participate in appropriate activities on an ad hoc basis
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers or Managers to ensure departmental needs are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem solving situations and technical support on projects as required
- Support Apprentices with advice and guidance where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be educated to HNC or qualified by experience within a mechanical or electrical discipline. He/she will also have:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and/or pneumatics is preferred but not essential
- Experience of a General Machining Workshop including Turning, Milling and fitting of manual tools would be advantageous.
Basic salary, plus shift premium
Weekend Overtime rota (1 Saturday & 1 Sunday per month)
About the Company
The HydraForce story began in 1985 when the company was founded near Chicago by several partners who saw the mobile equipment industry’s need for quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds delivered in a timely and responsive manner. They also saw the potential for engineering innovation and design flexibility offered by cost effective and space-saving cartridge valves and hydraulic integrated circuits.
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design for flow rates of 0.4 to 530 lpm (0.1 to 140 gpm). HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. We also offer a robust line of controllers that are rugged, reliable, and optimized for electro-hydraulic system integration.
Our European HQ in Aston, Birmingham services our customers across the UK, Europe and India