Manifold Design Engineer
Under the direction of the Manifold Design Engineering Group Manager, the Manifold Designer assists in the development of new products, solving design problems; adapt, alter, or improve existing products, from documented requirement outlines.
- Interpret design input and translate into design of custom hydraulic manifold housings and develop detailed drawings for manufacturing and assembly of the manifolds.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues associated with design and manufacturing of the manifold.
- Communicate with sales to resolve design issues, and work closely with manufacturing and suppliers to assist with design issues.
- Produce and maintain design drawings in the computerized system.
- Redesign standard products, improving quality and productivity, while reducing costs.
- Meet engineering standards, applicable procedures, customer specifications within cost constraints.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems, and ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Adapt, alter, or improve existing products working from documented requirement outlines.
- May direct the activities of a Drafter.
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field, Mechanical Engineering preferred or related work experience
- CAD proficiency is required. 3-D modeling, Creo preferred
- Understanding of the interactions of Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, MRP, Quality, Suppliers and Manufacturing
- Knowledge of drafting practices
- Working knowledge of geometric tolerancing practices required
- Familiarity with CNC milling machines and metal cutting methods, preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulic principles strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of valve types and functions, preferred
- Understanding of valve symbols and port logic, preferred
- Experience in hydraulic manifold design or complex layout design is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Must work well under time constraints and pressure.
- Must be able to work well independently and in group settings.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve technical problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Open mind to continuous learning
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, 401(k) with a generous match, and the opportunity to participate in our ESOP. Paid Time Off (PTO) 10 Paid Holidays and more!
Our employees are encouraged to further their educations with our Tuition Assistance Programs, Apprenticeships and our on-site English As a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes.
We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses and basic computer skills classes
About the Company
Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to PowerForward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
- Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
- Construction and Road-Building Equipment
- Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
- Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
- Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
- Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
- Injection Molding and Press Machinery
- Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications