Manufacturing Engineer- 2nd Shift
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the technical management, maintenance and continuous improvement of current process’ and equipment.
The following reflects essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as the company may deem necessary
- Troubleshoot and repair assembly fixtures and various equipment
- Automation equipment; troubleshooting and keeping running on 2nd shift
- Troubleshoot test stands and test set ups.
- Assist with machine down situations
- Test stands
- Automation cells
- Assembly cells
- Emergency calibrations (flow meters, transducers).
- DAQ equipment verification and calibration PMs
- Effective at debriefing PM issues to AM
- Work closely with Production cells to prevent and resolve problems with products and/or tooling/fixtures/machinery
- Troubleshoot and isolate production failures
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Collect data and develop technical reports based on production (statistical analysis in Minitab)
- Ensure all manufacturing safety policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through quality and efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
May supervise/ lead a team or project
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 plus years previous manufacturing experience required
- Ability to lead teams
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Knowledge of machining and materials
- Excellent knowledge or manufacturing standards
- Expert Blueprint knowledge
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, preferred
- Hands-on, team oriented and committed to business improvement processes
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Process-oriented mentality
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing and/or six sigma methodology
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite Software
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Occasionally lift and move a minimum of 25 pounds without assistance.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facilities.
- Work time is spent in both an office setting and warehouse environment where temperatures are often warm or cool, depending upon the season, and noise level can be moderate to high
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, 401(k) with a generous match, and the opportunity to participate in our ESOP. Paid Time Off (PTO) 10 Paid Holidays and more!
Our employees are encouraged to further their educations with our Tuition Assistance Programs, Apprenticeships and our on-site English As a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes.
We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses and basic computer skills classes
About the Company
Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to PowerForward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
Construction and Road-Building Equipment
Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
Injection Molding and Press Machinery
Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications