To effectively managing the planning, scheduling, and coordination of products through the complete production and shipping cycle; establishing production schedules, labour loading, capacity requirements; material cost reductions; and inventory control/reduction.
Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Working with internal departments to resolve labour and material shortages and manage backlog and other potential schedule interruptions. Develop and implement strategies to continuously reduce working capital, reduce material acquisition costs, improve lead times, reduce materials management costs, and maximise on time delivery of material needed for production. Drive continuous improvement in material procurement, warehouse, stockroom, and production scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage scheduling, demand planning, purchasing, Goods In and Stores. Ultimately responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team and functions within these areas
- Ensure accurate inventory cycle counts, controls and inventory turns by category
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand
- Collaborate with the commercial team to establish a coherent demand plan
- Oversee improvement of supply chain (OTD, Cost, agility)
- Support the commercial team to establish a coherent demand plan
- Contribute to business continuity in the event of situational hazards
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control
- Contribute to strategy outlined by Director of Supply Chain supporting process improvement initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions
- Assist in managing physical inventory process with less than 1% variance
- Manage and motivate team to successfully meet business requirements and deliver objectives in line with business plan
- Make use of the business forecast with easy to access and transparent data and translate into forecast information for sourcing and manufacturing medium/long-term planning
- Work closely with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Development and Supplier Quality engineers to assure proper selection of suppliers capable of meeting our specifications and quality levels
- Develop and execute on strategic plan objectives for material and MRO cost reductions
- Contribute to material procurement timing, order release timing requirements, available capacity and lead-times
- Interact with Sales to coordinate an overall production plan to meet Customer demand
- Evaluate impact of customer demand changes, advise as to impacts to manufacturing and supply chain to prevent shortage or expedite conditions
- Review production schedules and related information and coordinate with others to determine material requirements. Facilitate changes to schedules caused by customer needs or other production demands
- Prepare and manage department budget within established guidelines
- Other ad hoc activities and projects as determined by Managing Director
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & experience:
- Degree in supply chain, materials management, purchasing, engineering or related field desired. Supply Chain Management or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred or qualified by experience: experienced also considered.
- Significant demonstratable experience in the area of supply chain and/or materials management with previous experience leading the supply chain, materials management, or purchasing function.
- Manufacturing background essential, with at least £80M in annual revenue and at least £40M in material spend
- Demonstrated Supplier and Production planning experience
- Previous experience of working effectively within a matrix environment would be beneficial
- Experience utilising financial and data-driven techniques to make decisions; proven experience negotiating with freight and logistics providers
- Knowledge and participation in LEAN activities, including participation in Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and other continuous improvement activities
- Proven experience of managing high performing teams essential
- Proven ability to analyse problems, recommend and implement solutions
About the Company
HydraForce was founded in 1985, just north of Chicago by several partners who had the foresight to identify the mobile equipment industry's need for high quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds. Today, we've grown to several manufacturing locations in North America, Europe and Asia, featuring a worldwide network of 120 stocking distributors who can provide our customers with all the local support they need.