New Product Introduction Manufacturing Engineer
The following reflects essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as the company may deem necessary
- Liaising with key stakeholders, to plan the introduction of brand-new products and buy-to-make transfers from other HF/CH sites ensuring no compromise to quality.
- Generate and maintain project plans to ensure all deadlines are met, identifying key milestones and critical paths for delivery
- Effectively manage the day-to-day operational aspects of all projects, working with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Develop an NPI process, which meets the business growth and needs, reviewing on a regular basis to ensure it is appropriate and fit for purpose, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to successfully deliver objectives
- Monitor and report on project progress, highlighting potential and identified issues relating to critical paths and proposing solutions
- Ensure that New Products are introduced in accordance with the Global HydraForce APQP requirements.
- Work with counterparts at other HydraForce facilities to develop the APQP process, monitoring its application and adherence to the process by internal departments
- Work closely with Design Engineering, Production and Purchasing, applying 6 Sigma methodologies to influence designs aimed at reducing cost and maximizing product capability.
- Conduct FMEA and implement actions to mitigate risks to project
- To act as an internal liaison with all relevant departments and personnel throughout the duration of all projects to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Support, coach and mentor junior colleagues such as Apprentices, Technicians and placement students as well as providing support to Process and Manufacturing Engineers within the department through best practice and knowledge sharing
- Raise capital and track costs for all NPI projects ensuring that budgets are met; actively identify any variation where they may arise and providing rationale where appropriate
- Project manage all aspects related to increased capacity and new production line requirements.
- Actively assist in the NPI process, to ensure it runs smoothly and to plan
- Design and develop tooling, fixtures, processes and documentation as required, to HydraForce standards
- Procure tooling, fixtures, fittings and equipment as required, liaising with external suppliers and internal colleagues to achieve best value for the business without compromising quality
- Support Production staff and processes as required
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or experience in lieu of
- Previous manufacturing experience 5+ years
- CAD skills, Pro-E/Creo experience advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels and across different cultures
- Adept at critical thinking and problem solving
- Able to prioritize effectively and successfully manage multiple tasks and projects
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite Software
- Six Sigma/Lean understand methodology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Occasionally lift and move a minimum of 25 pounds without assistance
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facilities
- Work time is spent in both an office setting and shop floor environment where temperatures are often warm or cool, depending upon the season, and noise level can be moderate to high
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO) and 11 Paid Holidays and more!
Our employees are encouraged to further their educations with our Tuition Assistance Programs, Apprenticeships and our on-site English As a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes.
We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses and basic computer skills classes
About the Company
HydraForce, A Bosch Rexroth company offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
- Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
- Construction and Road-Building Equipment
- Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
- Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
- Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
- Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
- Injection Molding and Press Machinery
- Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications