Production Manager 2nd Shift
Manages and coordinates all 2nd shift production activities, operations, and staff to ensue conformance to established procedures; implements practices that maximize production efforts to improve the overall effectiveness and financial performance of the production function.
- Advocate of the HydraForce Mission, Vision, Values, and the supporting foundation behaviors.
- Ensures Hydraforce Tier system is followed and maintained
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures.
- Interfaces with cross functional managers to ensure highest degree of final quality and develop new and better-quality methods.
- Ensures approved manufacturing methodology is being followed.
- Develops and communicates goals and key initiatives to improve plant performance and success.
- Develops, monitors, and provides access to daily production requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of the skills of the labor force to manage in time of employee absence or unexpected peak demands.
- Interfaces with Plant Manager to control operating costs.
- Maintains knowledge of machine capacity and develops solutions for efficient utilization.
- Ensures all safety rules and regulations are followed; investigates accidents in a timely, accurate, and complete manner.
- Coordinates and manages all safety training.
- Prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops production staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on; Microsoft Office, and basic Microsoft tools. High degree of computer Savvy (HF utilizes many variations of software within the manufacturing process)
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
Generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, company paid and voluntary life insurance, 401(k) with match and ESOP component, 3 weeks PTO to start
About the Company
HydraForce is a global leader in the design and manufacture of hydraulic valves and manifolds