We are looking for a focused and meticulous Quality Process Engineer to join our organization. The responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include supporting lean activities, analyzing production issues, developing and implementing process solutions and improving operational efficiency.
Duties and responsibilities:
The following reflects essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as the company may deem necessary in order to service our customers.
- Manage and support lean activities which are driven by customer inputs
- Facilitate teams to critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification.
- Analyze production issues and modify incoming and production systems as needed
- Develop and implement process solutions to improve operational efficiency
- Develop internal Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report results.
- Support and implement strategic initiatives around improve internal quality practices and performance.
- Provide technical support for the development phase of new programs and prototype projects.
- Evaluate and support the justification of implementation and integration of new metrology and other equipment’s
- Work with cross functional teams including Design Engineering, Manufacturing Eng., Supply Chain, and production to support of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure comprehensive measurement systems to monitor effective verification of key characteristics
- Development of best practices and qualification methodologies
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Support part and product transfers, new supplier on board, and supplier process change management
- Oversee and perform informal audits of quality systems to assess compliance to internal standards
- Issue Internal Corrective Actions and ensure corrective actions are implemented and effective.
- Provide continuous product support to Manufacturing on assigned projects.
- Address supplier quality issues as required. Follow up and close out complaints generated against suppliers
- Support Material Review Board (MRB) meetings to address action items
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Quality, Environmental Health and Safety:
- Read, understand and participate in development of, Quality; Environmental; Health & Safety policy.
- Take reasonable care for personal safety and the safety of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Co-operate with the company in achieving and maintaining Quality, Environmental Health and Safety standards where relevant and as directed.
- Report to appropriate manager or personnel any actual or potential risks, accidents or dangerous occurrences that are identified in the work place.
System Security Requirements:
- To ensure the confidentiality and integrity of HydraForce information is maintained and is not compromised.
- To observe and adhere to IT policies and procedures in effect at any given time.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science (Industrial Engineering Preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a hydraulics or similar manufacturing environment with an ISO or QS9000 quality program; ASQ CQE preferred.
- Strong technical background and hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Understanding of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, MSA, RCA
- Able to work successfully with a cross functional team
- Strong knowledge of GD&T
- Familiar with Minitab, AutoCad, ProE (Creo)
- Travel up to 20%
- Must work well under time constraints and pressure
- Must be able to meet quality and productivity standards
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good communication skills both verbal and written in the English language
- Must be able to multi-task
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, 401(k) with a generous match, and the opportunity to participate in our ESOP. Paid Time Off (PTO) 10 Paid Holidays and more!
Our employees are encouraged to further their educations with our Tuition Assistance Programs, Apprenticeships and our on-site English As a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes.
We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses and basic computer skills classes
About the Company
Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
Construction and Road-Building Equipment
Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
Injection Molding and Press Machinery
Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications