Responsible for the development and execution of both short- and long-term goals and strategies for Quality and Warranty for Europe and India whilst supporting divisional goals
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide divisional management with an independent assessment of unit performance from a customer and field perspective.
- Visibly leads the efforts in customer delight, based upon quality, productivity, and service to both internal and external customers.
- Focus on continuous improvement in customer line and field product performance.
- Supports Operations and Engineering measurement and analysis/product validation requirements.
- In collaboration with the Management team identifies and develops best in class business performance in the fields of Quality and Warranty.
- Develop and maintain robust and effective Inspection facilities to cover the business need in terms receipt inspection, PPAP control.
- Actively lead supplier process improvement activities based upon the monthly scorecard results.
- Actively support and lead investigations into internal, external failures and business efficiency improvements.
- Maintain ownership for administration and maintenance of the HydraForce Ltd site Quality Procedures and Work Instructions within the chosen Infrastructure.
- Drive all necessary actions in order to secure and retain applicable Quality / Environmental certifications.
- Collaborate with other HydraForce site and divisional Quality and Warranty team members to establish companywide best practice aligned to the company’s Strategic improvement plans.
- Manage long-term relationships with others in a professional, non-adversarial, team oriented fashion and is able to combine “hands-on” effort with day-to-day administrative and management functions.
- Effectively manage the financial resources of Quality systems and processes to optimize product quality, productivity and customer delight.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to exercise good judgment, common sense, leadership and decision making skills and abilities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks that contribute directly to the effectiveness and quality of the company and all employees.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas as follows: Operations, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control, Scheduling, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Report writing including accurate communication of findings and relevant recommendations
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure in a limited time span
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Tenacious, with the ability to see things through to completion
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible with proactive approach to problem solving
Qualifications & experience
- Mechanical Engineering, Quality Assurance Degree or qualified by experience
- Proven experience in similar role
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic Systems and HydraForce Customer applications.
- Experience working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies Knowledge of geometric tolerance/design and the use of standard inspection metrology equipment.
- Six Sigma certification desirable
- Prior experience of effectively managing diverse and dispersed teams within a matrix structure
- General knowledge of hydraulic products is desirable
- Hands on experience related to the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, fixturing, and tooling helpful.
- Experienced in effective trouble shooting, problem solving. Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, work staggered shifts to cover for other supervisor absences, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Previous experience and exposure to commercial organisations with the ability to extract and understand financial data and trends and identify appropriate actions
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of MS, particularly Excel and familiar with QPulse (or document management systems)
- Familiar with ISO 9000 and 14000, FMEA, APQP, SPC and R & R studies
- Knowledge of ISO 14000 would be advantageous
About the Company
HydraForce was founded in 1985, just north of Chicago by several partners who had the foresight to identify the mobile equipment industry's need for high quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds. Today, we've grown to several manufacturing locations in North America, Europe and Asia, featuring a worldwide network of 120 stocking distributors who can provide our customers with all the local support they need.