Senior Scheduling and Purchasing Manager
Our drive and control technologies ensure efficient, powerful and safe movement in machines and systems of any size. We inspire our customers with intelligent components, tailored system solutions, and services – from fully connected applications to the factory of the future. Bosch Rexroth is dedicated to making the world a better place through innovation and technology. We are looking for associates who will take on our customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found and who will thrive in a face-paced, collaborative and exciting environment. Why work with Bosch Rexroth?
- Challenging Projects: We are driven by innovation and being at the cutting edge of everything that we do. At Bosch Rexroth every day is different and your time will be filled with interesting and exciting projects.
- Amazing Colleagues: Our people make us who we are, and we are very proud of our diverse and skilled global team. Having a supportive and encouraging team around you can make all the difference.
- Learning and Development: We want you to reach your fullest potential, for both yourself and for Bosch Rexroth. That’s why we actively promote growth and development.
- Change the World: We want to give you the opportunity to not only drive your career forward but also to change the world. The work we do at Bosch Rexroth can make a big difference to the world around you.
- Social & Value-Driven: We have a tradition of assuming social responsibility in all that we do. Our success, and our roadmap for the future, is based on our lived values. This covers everything, from community to the environment, to being a social employer.
- Flexibility & Freedom: We strive to give you a balance between your work and home life, as well as the freedom to drive your career forward.
- International Opportunities: We are a truly global, fully networked company, with locations in more than 80 countries all over the world.
Join us and help set the world in motion!
Reporting to: Global Supply Chain Leader
Location: Birmingham, UK
CH Grade: SL1
To effectively managing the planning, scheduling, and coordination of products through the complete production and shipping cycle; establishing production schedules, labour loading, capacity requirements; material supply; and inventory management.
Coordinate’s production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Working with internal departments to resolve labour and material shortages and manage backlog and other potential schedule interruptions. Develop and implement strategies to continuously improve customer commit dates, manager supplier lead times and visibility, support the reduction of materials management costs, and maximise on time delivery of material needed for production. Drive continuous improvement in material procurement and production scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage scheduling, purchasing and support demand planning process. Ultimately responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team and functions within these areas
- Ensure accurate inventory cycle counts, controls and inventory turns by category.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Collaborate with the demand planning team to establish a coherent demand signal to suppliers
- Oversee improvement of supply chain (OTD, Cost, agility)
- Support the commercial team to establish a coherent demand plan
- Contribute to business continuity in the event of situational hazards
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control
- Contribute to strategy outlined by Director of Supply Chain supporting process improvement initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions
- Manage and motivate team to successfully meet business requirements and deliver objectives in line with business plan
- Make use of the business forecast with easy to access and transparent data and translate into forecast information for sourcing and manufacturing medium/long-term planning
- Work closely with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Development and Supplier Quality engineers to assure proper selection of suppliers capable of meeting our specifications and quality levels.
- Contribute to material procurement timing, order release timing requirements, available capacity and lead-times.
- Interact with Sales to coordinate an overall production plan to meet Customer demand.
- Evaluate impact of customer demand changes, advise as to impacts to manufacturing and supply chain to prevent shortage or expedite conditions.
- Review production schedules and related information and coordinate with others to determine material requirements. Facilitate changes to schedules caused by customer needs or other production demands.
- Prepare and manage department budget within established guidelines.
- Other ad hoc activities and projects as determined by Global Supply Chain Director
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & experience:
- Degree in supply chain, materials management, purchasing, or related field desired. Supply Chain Management degree preferred or qualified by experience: experienced also considered.
- Significant demonstratable experience in supply chain and/or materials management with previous experience leading the supply chain, materials management, or purchasing function.
- Manufacturing background essential, with at least £80M in annual revenue and at least £40M in material spend.
- Demonstrated Supplier and Production planning experience.
- Previous experience of working effectively within a matrix environment would be beneficial.
- Experience utilising financial and data-driven techniques to make decisions; proven experience negotiating with freight and logistics providers.
- Knowledge and participation in LEAN activities, including participation in Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and other continuous improvement activities.
- Proven experience of managing high performing teams essential.
- Proven ability to analyse problems, recommend and implement solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with the ability to effectively influence and interface with people at all organizational levels.
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to deal with a diverse range of people.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Able to effectively manage conflicting priorities, multiple projects and demands to meet the business needs.
- Proficient in use of ERP/MRP systems, preferably IFS
- Proven leadership and business acumens
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure in a limited time span
- Tenacious, with the ability to see things through to completion.
- Flexible with proactive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated sound judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
About the Company
HydraForce was founded in 1985, just north of Chicago by several partners who had the foresight to identify the mobile equipment industry's need for high quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds. Today, we've grown to several manufacturing locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, featuring a worldwide network of 120 stocking distributors who can provide our customers with all the local support they need.
HydraForce Hydraulics Ltd are located in Aston; Birmingham, in the newly established Advanced Manufacturing Hub. We have free onsite parking and are located just minutes off of Junc 6 of the M6 with easy commuting access to the M5, M42 and A38, additionally we are a 5 minute walk from the train station direct to Birmingham New Street - Join us and make a difference.