Senior Supply Chain Planner
Are you a Senior Supply Chain Planner with a strong background from working in a production or manufacturing environment, looking for a varied role working as part of a team and above all a great place to work?
HydraForce Hydraulics Limited are recruiting for a Senior Supply Chain Planner who will be responsible for all activities to ensure supply, demand, inventory and capacity plans are optimised and performed. To include but is not limited to: material/Item setup and maintenance, review and analyse current and planned POs and MOs, optimise material flow, ensure MOs/POs are processed and maintained throughout production life, maintain inventory and operational goals.
This role involves significant collaboration with multiple departments, while leading projects and meetings to drive plans to maximise OTD goals. You will have interaction with the Supply Chain Planning teams, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Technical Sales, Quality, Engineering and of course our Supplier base.
Senior Supply Chain Planner - Key responsibilities and expectations
- Manage completeness and accuracy of the detail Item Master to ensure proper scheduling and identification of assigned parts/product groups, lot sizes, order policy codes, delivery schedules, and MOQs to allow Global Purchasing to negotiate supplier contracts
- Administer application of system part parameters to facilitate effective scheduling, production, and delivery of requirements to customers or other HydraForce facilities
- Oversee planning of material flow to support the SIOP plan, customer orders, and inventory budget
- Collaborate with financial departments to ensure item costs are updated and maintained
- Monitor and update POs and MOs messages including but not limited to; release, reschedules, cancellations
- Drive part delivery and coordination to achieve POs on-time and MO releases on-time.
- Oversee MRB and RTS processes for assigned parts
- Review plans and future capacity constraints with cell leaders/plant managers
- Initiate resolution of imbalances in capacity through specific, detailed recommendations to:
- Authorise and release work orders for manufacturing in assigned cells
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to adjust routings or cell parameters along with our other Supply Chain Planners to optimise supply plans to achieve OTD goals
- Update expected due dates on critical shortages of MOs and POs through contact with appropriate purchasing, planning, and production departments.
- Accountable for initiating and documenting root cause analysis and corrective action when any of these measurements begins to drop or is unacceptably low
The Ideal Candidate
Senior Supply Chain Planner - Qualifications and Skills
- ESSENTIAL - Degree in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Purchasing, Engineering or related field desired, or qualified by experience
- Significant demonstratable experience in the area of supply chain - Supply, Demand, Capacity, Inventory planning
- Working knowledge of planning processes with experience in MRP/ERP systems/techniques
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing company, with at least £100m in annual revenue and at least £50m in material spend
- Knowledge and participation in LEAN activities, including participation in Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and other continuous improvement activities
- Able to present complex ideas, anticipate objections, and influence others to adopt a different view and/or approach
- Proven ability to analyse problems, recommend and implement solutions
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadline
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organisational levels
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set for the role of Supply Chain Planner then please don’t hesitate to apply for the role. Unfortunately on this occasion we are not able to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the UK.
Senior Supply Chain Planner - Package
- Market Competitive Salary
- Group Personal Pension Plan operated under salary sacrifice
- Group Life Assurance 4 x annual salary
- BHSF - Healthcare Cashback Plan
- General insurance discounts with our business partners
About the Company
“HydraForce was founded in 1985, just north of Chicago by several partners who had the foresight to identify the mobile equipment industry's need for high quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds. Today, we've grown to several manufacturing locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.”
HydraForce Hydraulics Ltd is located in Aston; Birmingham, in the newly established Advanced Manufacturing Hub. We have free onsite parking and are located just minutes off of Junc 6 of the M6 with easy commuting access to the M5, M42 and A38, additionally we are a 5 minute walk from the train station direct to Birmingham New Street - Join us and make a difference.