Responsible for firmware/hardware programming, including design, validation, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating, manufacturing, and process improvement.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
- Design, develop, and test new features in applications
- Responsibility for design and implementation of firmware products using C/C++
- Solve design problems; adapt, alter, and/or improve existing products
- Collaborate with Testing, Purchasing and shop/assembly teams on design projects
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address and resolve Manufacturing, Design and Quality problems, and ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods
- Drive continuous efficiency and effectiveness in day-to-day activities
- Provide technical support to other engineers
- Support the organization with sharing and implementing best practices across all locations
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, related field or relevant experience
- 3-7 years’ work experience
- Experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with C/C++
- Programming experience with C# and XAML
- Experience with programming for Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), FreeRTOS preferred.
- Experience in embedded systems design within a pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating system.
- Familiar with software configuration management and defect tracking tools. (SVN, Jira preferred)
- Experience programing ARM Cortex M micro-controllers, ST Micro preferred.
- Experience with debugging/developing/testing various hardware interfaces (e.g. CAN, UART, FLASH, SPI, and I2C).
- Experience working with cross-compilers, build systems, and toolchains.
- Knowledge of microelectronics hardware and firmware programming
- Ability to interact with individuals and departments throughout the organization
- Accurate and detail oriented, with the ability to follow through on tasks and objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
These skills are not mandatory but are good to have.
- Knowledge of analog electronics hardware design
- Ability to generate software/firmware requirements, test plans, and test procedures from System Requirements.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming WPF, MVVM, Prism, Design patterns and SOLID principles
- Knowledge of SIL and PLd safety ratings
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!. We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses .Our employees are encouraged to further their education with our Tuition Assistance Programs,
Salary offered will depend on the candidate's job-related skills, experience, and knowledge
About the Company
HydraForce, a Bosch Rexroth company under the compact Hydralics offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries.