Supplier Development Engineer
The Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for communicating and delivering the technical requirements (Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality deliverables) to the supplier base in accordance with established standards. Ensure fully conforming, process capable and efficient supplied products at competitive cost without detriment to overall delivery or final product performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons
· Responsible for communicating the Technical Requirements including applications knowledge, design intent, manufacturing guidance and the established HydraForce quality requirements to the supply base.
· Optimize the hydraulic performance of parts and the manufacturing processes, seeking to engineer out redundancies in the supply base manufacturing processes, eliminating waste while optimizing part to part interaction and process capability.
· Work with the supply base, internal customers and Category Managers, monitoring and supporting action to respond to current supplier performance in terms of impact, cost, efficiency, process capability, quality and warranty costs.
· Function as primary interface between Engineering/design, Purchasing and suppliers to alleviate discrepancies in product specifications and support the evaluation of opportunities to achieve the best technical hydraulic and efficient cost-effective solutions when launching new HydraForce parts into the supply base.
· Lead supplier advance product quality efforts in coordination with Engineering/design and program management through launch of new product programs, utilizing sourcing strategy in conjunction with Category Managers.
· Based upon metrics agreed with the Quality and Engineering departments, define areas of improvement where parts and processes can be honed to provide the best hydraulic performance and efficiency while minimizing unnecessary design variation.
· Represent the voice of the HydraForce supply base internally in all relevant APQP activities.
· Partner with Supplier Quality Engineers to assist with the development of PPAP documentation (dimensional verification requirements, process flow charts, control plans, FMEAs, MSA and material analysis) as required by the HydraForce Quality Management System.
· Lead technical review of new and transferred components with suppliers during Supplier Design Reviews (NPI) and Supplier Readiness Review processes.
· In cooperation with the Supplier Quality Engineers drive effective responsiveness to non-conformance issues raised by the HydraForce facilities in accordance with Company requirements as defined by the site Quality managers. Work with the site Purchasing, Manufacturing and Quality departments at all HydraForce facilities to share information and ideas as they relate to supplier issues.
· Assist Supplier Quality Engineers and Design Engineering to resolve repeat non-conformances for long term improvement in component specification.
· Aid in performing business assessments at suppliers, in collaboration with SQE’s, to ensure new and existing suppliers develop and maintain tools to ensure consistent supply and quantity components to HydraForce.
· Actively identify new technologies/process for new product design and/or cost reductions, establish and provide new and innovative solutions for future business growth.
· In conjunction with the Category Managers, identify supply gaps and potential future suppliers.
· Provide internal stakeholders with assistance to optimize Design for Manufacturing.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years related experience, preferably in a hydraulic design, applications engineering or Supplier Quality Engineer role. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with suppliers in a technical discipline
- Working knowledge of APQP, including design reviews, PPAP, Process control plan, FMEA
- Working knowledge of DOE, SPC, GD&T, corrective action processes; ability to interpret and understand complex drawings
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Demonstrated collaboration with cross-functional site teams
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally for supplier visits
- Working experience with manufacturing/assembly processes and systems, especially as they relate to machining and assembly
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/14001, 8D reports, Root Cause Analysis, Data Driven Problem Solving and Auditing
- Six sigma training advantageous
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication and organizational skills
- PC literate with intermediate or better skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Minitab etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Lift and move a minimum of 5 pounds without assistance
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment with some time on the shop floor. The noise level in the work environment can be quiet to moderate to loud.
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!. We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses .Our employees are encouraged to further their education with our Tuition Assistance Programs,
Salary offered will depend on the candidate's job-related skills, experience, and knowledge
About the Company
About the Company
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to power forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
- Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
- Construction and Road-Building Equipment
- Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
- Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
- Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
- Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
- Injection Molding and Press Machinery
- Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications