Supplier Development Engineer
Want to work together, with Manufacturing and Suppliers, to solve problems, elevate teams and grow the business? Are you good managing projects, reviewing parts and processes and troubleshooting to find solutions? This is likely a job you would enjoy!
The Supplier Development Engineer is part of a resouce team responsible for working with our supplier base to help them confirm deliverables and have a repeatable process that ensures a quality product at a competitive price.
A few of the main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for communicating the Technical Requirements including applications knowledge, design intent, manufacturing guidance and the established HydraForce quality requirements to the supply base.
- Optimize part performance and the manufacturing processes, seeking to engineer out redundancies in the supply base manufacturing processes, eliminating waste while optimizing part to part interaction and process capability.
- Work with the supply base, internal customers and Category Managers, monitoring and supporting action to respond to current supplier performance in terms of impact, cost, efficiency, process capability, quality and warranty costs.
- Function as primary interface between Engineering/design, Purchasing and suppliers to alleviate discrepancies in product specifications and support the evaluation of opportunities to achieve the best technical hydraulic and efficient cost-effective solutions when launching new HydraForce parts into the supply base.
- Lead supplier advance product quality efforts in coordination with Engineering/design and program management through launch of new product programs, utilizing sourcing strategy in conjunction with Category Managers.
- Based upon metrics agreed with the Quality and Engineering departments, define areas of improvement where parts and processes can be honed to provide the best hydraulic performance and efficiency while minimizing unnecessary design variation.
- Partner with Supplier Quality Engineers to assist with the development of PPAP documentation (dimensional verification requirements, process flow charts, control plans, FMEAs, MSA and material analysis) as required by the HydraForce Quality Management System.
- Lead technical review of new and transferred components with suppliers during Supplier Design Reviews (NPI) and Supplier Readiness Review processes.
- In cooperation with the Supplier Quality Engineers drive effective responsiveness to non-conformance issues raised by the HydraForce facilities in accordance with Company requirements as defined by the site Quality managers. Work with the site Purchasing, Manufacturing and Quality departments at all HydraForce facilities to share information and ideas as they relate to supplier issues.
- Assist Supplier Quality Engineers and Design Engineering to resolve repeat non-conformances for long term improvement in component specification.
- Aid in performing business assessments at suppliers, in collaboration with SQE’s, to ensure new and existing suppliers develop and maintain tools to ensure consistent supply and quantity components to HydraForce.
- Actively identify new technologies/process for new product design and/or cost reductions, establish and provide new and innovative solutions for future business growth.
- In conjunction with the Category Managers, identify supply gaps and potential future suppliers.
- Provide internal stakeholders with assistance to optimize Design for Manufacturing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years related manufacturing or Quality experience
- Working knowledge of DOE, SPC, GD&T, corrective action processes; ability to interpret and understand complex drawings
- Project management experience
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally for supplier visits
- Working experience with manufacturing/assembly processes and systems, especially as they relate to machining and assembly
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/14001, 8D reports, Root Cause Analysis, Data Driven Problem Solving and Auditing
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!. We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses .Our employees are encouraged to further their education with our Tuition Assistance Programs,
Salary offered will depend on the candidate's job-related skills, experience, and knowledge.
About the Company
HydraForce, a Bosch Rexroth company under the compact Hydraulics, offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries.