Supplier Quality Engineer
We are looking for a focused and meticulous supplier quality engineer to join our Supplier Quality Organization. The responsibilities of the supplier quality engineer include securing supplies and parts for the assembly line, reviewing engineering and manufacturing specifications, monitoring materials for any defects, and resolving quality issues.
To be successful as a supplier quality engineer, you should have excellent analytical and technical skills with strong attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch supplier quality engineer should have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and an eye for supply quality control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting HydraForce requirements. Projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6‐Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), DPPM and waste
- Provide periodic reports to key stakeholders on supplier improvement progress
- Escalate supplier quality or performance concerns to upper mgmt. with recommended actions
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
- Work with Purchasing to ensure appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented
- Assist Purchasing group in the evaluation and qualification of new suppliers
- Support the resolution of customer and internal product quality issues as they relate to supplied components
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement
- Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality problems
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems, especially as they relate to machining and assembly is preferred
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc is preferred
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, 401(k) with a generous match, and the opportunity to participate in our ESOP. Paid Time Off (PTO) 10 Paid Holidays and more!
Our employees are encouraged to further their educations with our Tuition Assistance Programs, Apprenticeships and our on-site English As a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes.
We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses and basic computer skills classes
About the Company
Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to PowerForward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
Construction and Road-Building Equipment
Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
Injection Molding and Press Machinery
Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications