Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for communicating and delivering the requirements of the HydraForce Supplier Quality Assurance Manual to the supply base. Ensuring all quality deliverables are in full conformance with established standards and specifications. Investigate, analyze, and assist with corrective actions to supplier quality concerns to develop and maintain overall supplier delivery and final product performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership for the definition, updating, and communication of the HydraForce Supplier Quality Assurance Manual requirements internally within HydraForce and externally to the supply base.
- Contribute supplier quality data to the Purchasing Team when identifying new suppliers to assist in qualification and to assist in developing existing suppliers to meet the business needs and better manage product life cycle.
- Working with Purchasing and the Supplier Quality organizations, monitor current supplier performance: Impact, Quality, Delivery and Cost and generate/issue monthly individual supplier performance scorecards
- Define areas of weakness at individual suppliers and establish goals for improvement based on the supplier’s performance scorecard.
- Develop and implement a follow up mechanism with suppliers on a regular basis with an end toward increasing the Quality performance.
- Support the HydraForce Project Engineering group during program review meetings.
- Assist with the development of PPAP documentation (dimensional verification requirements, process flow charts, control plans, FMEAs, MSA and material analysis) as required by the HydraForce Quality Management System.
- Develop processes to support the approval of PPAP submissions and run-at-rate disciplines.
- Provide feedback to the supplier in instances where PPAP submissions are not accepted.
- Develop and execute a continuous Supplier Audit Schedule.
- Work with the supply base, internal customers, and category managers, monitoring and supporting action to respond to current supplier performance in terms of impact, cost, efficiency, process capability, quality and warranty costs
- Assist supplier advance product quality efforts in coordination with Engineering/Design and program management through launch of new product programs to assure adherence to specification.
- Provide supplier process knowledge/data to stakeholders to define areas of improvement where parts and processes can be honed to provide the best hydraulic performance and efficiency, while minimizing unnecessary design specification/variation.
- Represent the voice of the HydraForce supply base internally in all relevant APQP activities
- Support the Supplier Development team to develop mechanisms to support the cross functional review of new and transferred product and processes, upgrading the existing supplier readiness review process
- Provide internal stakeholders with assistance to optimize Design for Manufacturing drawn from data based on NCMR’s, RMA’s, shop floor issues, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- 3-4 years related experience, preferably in a hydraulic design, applications engineering or Supplier Quality Engineer role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with suppliers in a technical discipline
- Working knowledge of APQP, including design reviews, PPAP, Process control plan, FMEA
- Working knowledge of DOE, SPC, GD&T, corrective action processes; ability to interpret and understand complex drawings
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Demonstrated collaboration with cross-functional site teams
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally for supplier visits
- Working experience with manufacturing/assembly processes and systems, especially as they relate to machining and assembly
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/14001, 8D reports, Root Cause Analysis, Data Driven Problem Solving and Auditing
- Six sigma training advantageous
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication and organizational skills
- PC literate with intermediate or better skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Minitab etc.
To create worldwide customer delight by providing the highest quality products and the most responsive customer support in the world at a globally competitive cost
The company mission is the primary job description for all employees. All duties and responsibilities assigned to this job description should be performed to support and enhance the company mission
About the Company
Welcome to HydraForce
With a unique blend of customized design solutions and superior product performance, we're leading the way in manufacturing the highest quality hydraulic cartridge valves, manifolds and electro-hydraulic controls.