Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for communicating and delivering the requirements of the HydraForce Supplier Quality Assurance Manual to the supply base. Ensuring all quality deliverables are in full conformance with established standards and specifications. Investigate, analyze, and assist with corrective actions to supplier quality concerns to develop and maintain overall supplier delivery and final product performance.
- Take ownership for the definition, updating, and communication of the HydraForce Supplier Quality Assurance Manual requirements internally within HydraForce and externally to the supply base.
- Work together with the Purchasing Team to identify and qualify new suppliers and in developing existing suppliers to meet the business needs and better manage product life cycle.
- Working with Purchasing and the Supplier Quality organizations, monitor current supplier performance: Impact, Quality, Delivery and Cost and generate/issue monthly individual supplier performance scorecards
- Define areas of weakness at individual suppliers and establish goals for improvement based on the supplier’s performance scorecard.
- Develop and implement a follow up mechanism with suppliers on a regular basis with an end toward increasing the Quality performance.
- Support the HydraForce Project Engineering group during program review meetings.
- Assist with the development of PPAP documentation (dimensional verification requirements, process flow charts, control plans, FMEAs, MSA and material analysis) as required by the HydraForce Quality Management System.
- Develop processes to support the approval of PPAP submissions and run-at-rate disciplines.
- Provide feedback to the supplier in instances where PPAP submissions are not accepted.
- Develop and execute a continuous Supplier Audit Schedule.
- Work with the supply base, internal customers, and category managers, monitoring and supporting action to respond to current supplier performance in terms of impact, cost, efficiency, process capability, quality and warranty costs
- Assist supplier advance product quality efforts in coordination with Engineering/Design and program management through launch of new product programs to assure adherence to specification.
- Provide supplier process knowledge/data to stakeholders to define areas of improvement where parts and processes can be honed to provide the best hydraulic performance and efficiency, while minimizing unnecessary design specification/variation.
- Represent the voice of the HydraForce supply base internally in all relevant APQP activities
- Support the Supplier Development team to develop mechanisms to support the cross functional review of new and transferred product and processes, upgrading the existing supplier readiness review process
- Provide internal stakeholders with assistance to optimize Design for Manufacturing drawn from data based on NCMR’s, RMA’s, shop floor issues, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 plus years related experience, preferably in a hydraulic design, applications engineering or Supplier Quality Engineer role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with suppliers
- Working knowledge of APQP, including design reviews, PPAP, Process control plan, FMEA
- Working knowledge of DOE, SPC, GD&T, corrective action processes; ability to interpret and understand complex drawings
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Demonstrated collaboration with cross-functional site teams
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally for supplier visits
- Working experience with manufacturing/assembly processes and systems especially as they relate to machining and assembly
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/14001, 8D reports, Root Cause Analysis, Data Driven Problem Solving and Auditing
- Six sigma training advantageous
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication and organizational skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Lift and move a minimum of 5 pounds without assistance
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment with some time on the shop floor. The noise level in the work environment can be quiet to moderate to loud.
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!
About the Company
HydraForce, a Bosch Rexroth company offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. Through interaction with our global network of employees and customers, our employees provide products and solutions that have a global impact. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Throughout the world, you can find our products in a broad range of applications:
- Agricultural and Turf Care Machinery
- Construction and Road-Building Equipment
- Material Handling and Personnel-Lift Equipment
- Transmission, Engine and Powertrain Controls
- Forestry and Resource Management Equipment
- Refuse and Waste Handling Equipment
- Injection Molding and Press Machinery
- Other Specialized Mobile and Industrial Applications