Supplier Quality Manager
Reporting to the North American Quality Manager and in close collaboration with the Hydraforce Global Purchasing and Engineering organizations you will be responsible for Quality deliverables required from the Supplier Base in delivering fully conforming and effective products while ensuring processes for existing product remain in control without detriment to overall delivery and cost performance.
The Supplier Base includes external suppliers of parts that are built into hydraulic valves and systems such as component manufacturers, manifold suppliers, material processors, proprietary part suppliers, and tooling manufacturers prototype shops. The supply base also includes suppliers of heat treat, coatings, ground and honed parts.
- Define the Supplier Quality Assurance Strategy for the North American HydraForce organisation.
- Develop a responsive, and technically competent Supplier Quality organisation at HydraForce.
- Communication of the Quality Assurance requirements internally within HydraForce and externally to the supply base.
- Define areas of weakness at individual suppliers, establish goals for improvement, and implement projects to resolve.
- Take ownership for the definition, updating and communication of the HydraForce Supplier Quality Assurance Manual.
- Working with Purchasing and the suppliers Quality organisations, monitor current supplier performance: Impact, Quality, Warranty and Cost.
- Develop and implement a follow up mechanism with suppliers on a regular basis with an end toward increasing the Quality performance.
- Assist the suppliers with the development of new and existing components to assure fitness for use by HydraForce.
- Support the HydraForce Design Engineering group during program review meetings.
- Assist the suppliers with the development of PPAP documentation (Dimensional verification requirements, Process Flow charts, Control Plans, PFMEAs, MSA and material analysis).
- Develop processes to support the approval of PPAP submissions and run-at-rate disciplines.
- Provide feedback to the supplier in instances where PPAP submissions are not accepted.
- Work with Purchasing to establish and lead supplier Readiness Review mechanism for new and transferred product and processes.
- Develop and execute a continuous North American Supplier Audit Schedule
- Generate NCR and supplier scrap reports to suppliers as necessary.
- Help the supplier understand the severity of non-conformance for each HydraForce critical characteristic.
- Develop processes towards the resolution of customer and internal product quality issues as they relate to supplied components.
- Work with the Purchasing, Manufacturing and Quality departments at all HydraForce facilities to share information and ideas as they relate to supplier issues.
- Develop plans & make recommendations for supplier de-sourcing
- This role has direct report(s) and will be accountable to execute on HydraForce’ s talent strategy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Hires and trains SQE staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Engineeringor equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years knowledge of manufacturing/assembly processes.
- Sound working knowledge of APQP tools (PPAP/FMEA/Control plans, etc.)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems, especially as they relate to machining, assembly, and foundry.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/14001, 8D reports, Root Cause Analysis, Data Driven Problem Solving and Auditing
- Must be willing to travel domestically for supplier visits
- Minimum of 10 years knowledge of HydraForce products and applications, preferred.
- Six Sigma training preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Lift and move a minimum of 5 pounds without assistance
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment with some time on the shop floor. The noise level in the work environment can be quiet to moderate to loud.
Our employees enjoy a full complement of benefits including Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Company Paid and Voluntary Life Insurance, Disability coverage, pet insurance and 401(k) with a generous match. Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays and more!. We offer best manufacturing practices training, Six Sigma classes led by our own Black Belts, supervisory and management development courses .Our employees are encouraged to further their education with our Tuition Assistance Programs,
Salary offered will depend on the candidate's job-related skills, experience, and knowledge
About the Company
HydraForce, a Bosch Rexroth company under the compact Hydralics offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high-quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design. HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. Our employees enjoy a fast-paced and challenging work environment that provides them with daily opportunities to Power Forward their careers. For almost 35 years, HydraForce has been producing the most innovative electro-hydraulic control solutions for the mobile machinery and industrial equipment markets.
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries.