Supply Chain Planner
Responsible for all activities to ensure supply, demand, inventory and capacity plans are optimised and performed. To include but is not limited to: material/Item setup and maintenance, review and analyse current and planned POs and MOs, optimise material flow, ensure MOs/POs are processed and maintained throughout production life, maintain inventory and operational goals. This role involves significant collaboration with multiple departments, while leading projects and meetings to drive plans to maximise OTD goals
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage completeness and accuracy of the detail Item Master to ensure proper scheduling and identification of assigned parts/product groups, lot sizes, order policy codes, delivery schedules, and MOQs to allow Global Purchasing to negotiate supplier contracts.
- Administer application of system part parameters to facilitate effective scheduling, production, and delivery of requirements to customers or other HydraForce facilities.
- Oversee planning of material flow to support the SIOP plan, customer orders, and inventory budget.
- Coordinate departmental activity to ensure alignment and synchronisation of operational goals.
- Collaborate with financial departments to ensure item costs are updated and maintained.
- Monitor POs and MOs messages including but not limited to; release, reschedules, cancellations.
- Update promise dates on POs and MOs to drive visibility throughout systems.
- Collaborate with Suppliers through Portal to ensure visibility and priorities.
- Monitor price changes and escalate as required.
- Drive part delivery and coordination to achieve POs on-time and MO releases on-time.
- Includes Secondary POs will be decreasing as purchase complete grow
- Oversee MRB and RTS processes for assigned parts
- Review plans and future capacity constraints with cell leaders/plant managers
- Initiate resolution of imbalances in capacity through specific, detailed recommendations to:
- Authorize and release work orders for manufacturing in assigned cells
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to adjust routings or cell parameters
- Recommend capacity adjustments and future demand fluctuations
- Reschedule/adjust work orders as required
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain Planners to optimize supply plans to achieve OTD goals
- Review Demand Plans to ensure the support of SIOP and Inventory planning
- Monitor Inventory to reduce obsolescence and excess
- Update expected due dates on critical shortages of MOs and POs through contact with appropriate purchasing, planning, and production departments.
- Utilise Lean DNA to report on identified metrics and proactively address future constraints
- Produce additional reports and analysis when required
- Accountable for initiating and documenting root cause analysis and corrective action when any of these measurements begins to drop or is unacceptably low.
- Contribute to strategy outlined by Global Supply Chain supporting process improvement initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
- Work closely with Supplier Quality engineers to assure quality issues are addressed immediately
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to present complex ideas, anticipate objections, and influence others to adopt a different view and/or approach
- Proven ability to analyse problems, recommend and implement solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadline
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organisational levels
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
About the Company
The HydraForce story began in 1985 when the company was founded near Chicago by several partners who saw the mobile equipment industry’s need for quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds delivered in a timely and responsive manner. They also saw the potential for engineering innovation and design flexibility offered by cost effective and space-saving cartridge valves and hydraulic integrated circuits.
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design for flow rates of 0.4 to 530 lpm (0.1 to 140 gpm). HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. We also offer a robust line of controllers that are rugged, reliable, and optimized for electro-hydraulic system integration.
Our European HQ in Aston, Birmingham services our customers across the UK, Europe and India.
HydraForce is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs contribute to the success of our business.