Team Leader - Solenoid Valve
This role will provide efficient front-line leadership and effectively manage departmental workload and resource, providing an efficient service for internal & external customers. You will have full responsibility for ensuring daily targets are met and quality targets are reached and maintained.
- Accurately complete daily metrics and demonstrate improvement actions where needed.
- Participate in daily production meetings providing information on requirements.
- Complete relevant Leader Standard Work to meet business needs.
- Facilitate Health & Safety and Environmental procedures, ensuring staff adhere to relevant requirements.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping and promote a culture of 5s (HydraForce 7s) in the workplace.
- Participate in projects as required to meet business needs.
- Utilises LEAN practices to optimise and improve production to reduce bottle necks.
- Take ownership of ERP system, Q-Pulse and other production related system as required for role.
- Manage and support team activities by maintaining a ‘Helicopter view’ of the section at all times.
- Co-ordinate team resource daily to achieve optimum output.
- Set and communicate departmental requirements ensuring work is available and resources are managed.
- Train colleagues when required, using TWI methodology to agreed company standards ensuring compliance with working practices and processes.
- Maintain team’s skill matrix, ensuring that training is reviewed and updated as required.
- Liaising with the Learning & Development team and Line Manager to identify, support and address any training or development needs.
- Encourage and support team members in the identification of improvement activities and problem solving.
- Carry out first line performance management of team, including coaching staff to improve performance, managing initial disciplinary issues, monitoring performance and appraising team members; referring to Line Manager where appropriate.
- Monitor and manage employee attendance and timekeeping through the maintenance of the T & A system, ensuring records are completed accurately.
- Support team building and promote good working relations through leading by example and demonstrating and supporting company values, including interdepartmental co-operation.
- Actively communicate information in a timely manner to stakeholders
- Encourage the team to deliver the Quality requirements, ensuring HydraForce standards are met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Hold an ILM qualification or similar or qualified by experience.
- Previous experience of working in manufacturing and production.
- Proven experience of effectively supervising and leading teams.
- Knowledge of lean practices, problem solving using recognised improvement systems.
- Previous knowledge, understanding and use of manufacturing systems.
- Computer literate, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Has knowledge of employment regulations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Holds themselves accountable for own decisions and actions.
- Team player with the ability to motivate others and effectively lead people.
- Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to proactively identify problems, put forward solutions and see through to resolution.
- Able to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively manages conflict through to resolution.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Demonstrate our Values
- INTEGRITY: Treats people with courtesy, dignity, respect & fairness.
- INNOVATION: Identifies and implements effective processes & procedures for accomplishing work
- AGILITY: Able to react quickly & appropriately when necessary.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Can be relied on consistently.
- RESPECT: Demonstrates a high level of professional etiquette.
About the Company
The HydraForce story began in 1985 when the company was founded near Chicago by several partners who saw the mobile equipment industry’s need for quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds delivered in a timely and responsive manner. They also saw the potential for engineering innovation and design flexibility offered by cost effective and space-saving cartridge valves and hydraulic integrated circuits.
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design for flow rates of 0.4 to 530 lpm (0.1 to 140 gpm). HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. We also offer a robust line of controllers that are rugged, reliable, and optimized for electro-hydraulic system integration.
Our European HQ in Aston, Birmingham services our customers across the UK, Europe and India.
HydraForce is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs contribute to the success of our business.