Team Leader - Valve Assembly - PM
HydraForce Hydraulics Limited are recruiting as a direct employer and are not an agency.
Team Leader - Valve Assembly - PM
Are you able to provide efficient front-line leadership to your department?
Can you effectively manage your departmental workload and resource, providing an efficient service for internal & external customers?
Are you able to ensure daily targets are met and quality targets are reached and maintained?
Your Direct Reports - Line Leaders, Team Members
If so; we would like to hear from you.
Team Leader - Key responsibilities
- Accurately complete daily metrics and demonstrate improvement actions where needed
- Participate in daily production meetings providing information on requirements
- Complete relevant Leader Standard Work to meet business needs
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping and promote a culture of 5s (HydraForce 7s) in the workplace
- Utilises LEAN practices to optimise and improve production to reduce bottle necks
- Take ownership of ERP system, Q-Pulse and other production related system as required for role
- Manage and support team activities by maintaining a ‘Helicopter view’ of the section at all times
- Co-ordinate team resource daily to achieve optimum output
- Set and communicate departmental requirements ensuring work is available and resources are managed
- Train colleagues when required, using TWI methodology to agreed company standards ensuring compliance with working practices and processes
- Liaising with the Learning & Development team and Line Manager to identify, support and address any training or development needs
- Carry out first line performance management of team, including coaching staff to improve performance, managing initial disciplinary issues, monitoring performance and appraising team members; referring to Line Manager where appropriate
- Monitor and manage employee attendance and timekeeping through the maintenance of the T & A system, ensuring records are completed accurately
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Team Leader - Qualifications and Skills
- Holds ILM qualification or similar or qualified by experience
- Previous experience of working in manufacturing and production
- Proven experience of effectively supervising and leading teams
- Knowledge of lean practices, problem solving using recognised improvement systems
- Previous knowledge, understanding and use of manufacturing systems
- Computer literate, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Has knowledge of employment regulations
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set for the role of Team Leader then please don’t hesitate to apply for the role. Unfortunately on this occasion we are not able to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the UK.
Team Leader - Package
- Market Competitive Salary
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Group Life Assurance 4 x annual salary
- BHSF - Healthcare Cashback Plan
- General insurance discounts with our business partners
About the Company
HydraForce was founded in 1985, just north of Chicago by several partners who had the foresight to identify the mobile equipment industry's need for high quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds. Today, we've grown to several manufacturing locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
HydraForce Hydraulics Ltd are located in Aston; Birmingham, in the newly established Advanced Manufacturing Hub. We have free onsite parking and are located just minutes off of Junc 6 of the M6 with easy commuting access to the M5, M42 and A38, additionally we are a 5 minute walk from the train station direct to Birmingham New Street - Join us and make a difference.