The successful candidate will provide comprehensive support to both HydraForce Customers and internal departments in the investigation and resolution of warranty returns in a timely manner
- Ensuring compliance with the HydraForce Warranty Returns process:
- Allocation of Return Materials Authorisations (RMA’s) using appropriate software following customer request, or receipt of hardware, within timescales agreed between customers and HydraForce, ensuring all relevant supporting documentation is included.
- Ensure first stage containment actions are implemented within agreed timescales.
- Carry out first stage verification of returned product against engineering drawings and control documentation, ensuring validity and accuracy of components.
- Complete visual, dimensional and contamination analysis of components and assemblies on receipt of returned materials.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct testing of product, liaising with internal departments to ensure investigations are completed correctly, in accordance with company policies and conforming to agreed timescales.
- Review and discuss investigation results with relevant internal departments, ensuring reports have been completed accurately, comprehensively and within agreed timescales. Ensure the system accurately reflects investigation results.
- Issue reports to customers with full supporting documentation via agreed communication methods; email or uploading through customer websites.
- Issue reminders to customers regarding disposition of product within designated timescales and in accordance with agreed procedures; issuing relevant notices if no response is received.
- Confirm hardware is disposed of correctly in accordance with company policy and legislation.
- Provide support to the Manufacturing & Process Engineers to ensure hardware, systems and processes are implemented to eliminate production related defects by the use of appropriate procedures, eg FMEA, 8D, 5-Whys.
- Liaise with Accounts to ensure that all claims, when financially reconciled correctly, are closed upon completion.
- To support the Quality team with Assurance Inspection Plans as required to meet business needs.
- Provide cover for colleagues as necessary to ensure service levels are maintained.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be educated to BTEC Level 3/NVQ Lever 4 in an engineering disicpline HNC or qualified by experience. He/she will also have:
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role advantageous.
- Able to interpret and understand engineering drawings.
- Experienced in measuring precision parts.
- Familiar with ISO9000, 8D reports and auditing, preferably with knowledge of ISO14000 advantageous.
- Experience of hydraulics advantageous.
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, experienced in use of MRP and Quality Control systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to assist with investigation resolution, with a track record of identifying solutions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective prioritisation skills, with the ability to coordinate workload of self and others to meet targets.
- A high degree of self-motivation, commitment and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to tackle problems creatively and achieve desired outcome in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
About the Company
The HydraForce story began in 1985 when the company was founded near Chicago by several partners who saw the mobile equipment industry’s need for quality hydraulic cartridge valves and manifolds delivered in a timely and responsive manner. They also saw the potential for engineering innovation and design flexibility offered by cost effective and space-saving cartridge valves and hydraulic integrated circuits.
HydraForce offers one of the most comprehensive lines of high quality hydraulic cartridge valves for the mobile and industrial equipment markets. We design and manufacture high performance valves that meet virtually any need encountered in machine design for flow rates of 0.4 to 530 lpm (0.1 to 140 gpm). HydraForce cartridge valves are designed to fit a wide range of industry-common valve cavities. We also offer a robust line of controllers that are rugged, reliable, and optimized for electro-hydraulic system integration.
Our European HQ in Aston, Birmingham services our customers across the UK, Europe and India